CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 18, 2009

The test of LOYALTY

As they say “life can catch you in the most unexpected turns” and yes indeed for me it did. It was a challenging morning when Malcolm and I were discussing his qualities and Macbeth’s actions. Questions were brought up and things were getting tougher as the conversation proceeded. As always, I was completely honest as I believe that there’s nothing worth more than integrity. It was hard because at the beginning I felt like he was accusing me of being a bad person and that’s when I told him that I [wasn’t] treacherous. I must confess that Macbeth was once a friend to me, but after what he’s done in all fairness and equality, I’m starting to think that perhaps he deserves to die just like what he did to those innocent people. Selfishness isn’t a quality that a king should have and that’s what Malcolm had described as him being that person. At that moment I was put into a situation were I didn’t want Malcolm to be king what so ever. This was because as he kept describing his character traits a part of me kept saying that if a king is this way that means the country will be run my a role-model in which would be a bad example for everyone.
I wasn’t a perfect man myself but I made sure to be honest and have good morals in which I follow through out my life. It was clear to me that Macbeth was completely a selfish man and always wanted things for himself. While being questioned, I didn’t lie at all not even when Malcolm was describing himself. I just kept saying that things would change and eventually he would be able to get rid of those bad habits. Yes, it was hard: to be honest and straight forward when you’re being questioned but I kept thinking that by doing so I could set a good example my self. I’m glad that Malcolm told me the truth at the end because these qualities that he made up certainly don’t fit him at all. By the end of it all, I felt like an inspiration and was relieved of what has happened but questions kept running in my head would things end up changing? Or would everything corrupt into the worse?




In the picture the plants are shown in a way that there’s pureness and are completely detailed. The pictures also show what’s within the leaves and that how MacDuff’s character is played throughout the play. He’s played that when he’s put into the situation where he’s being tested it seems that he wasn’t being fake and making up answers at the spot. It felt like he was just being him and nothing more. Also, when looking at the picture, you tend to see that everything’s placed out and nothing is being hidden. MacDuff is also a person just like the seeds are shown; he is completely honest and very pure. He doesn’t hide things and has one strong personality.



- Isra El-Bashir

0 comments: